Post-humans and post-animals with special abilities. The Varuga were once human or animal, but a cell-modifying medicine given to them by Kafka slowly took over their bodies until they were fully transformed, at which point they became monsters. Another known technique to turn something into Varuga is by cell-infusion. They also feed on humans. As of chapter 82, it is revealed that varuga are made by taking incure into their own bodies.
- Meiga (迷呀 Meiga) |Voiced by: Toru Okawa (Japanese)
- Mine (ミネ Mine) |Voiced by: Sanae Kobayashi (Japanese)- Anastasia Munoz (English)
- Derumen (デルメン Derumen) |Voiced by: Yoshihisa Kawahara (Japanese)
- Nima (ニマ Nima) |Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi (Japanese)
- Kagiri (夏切 Kagiri) |Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Japanese) - Tyson Rineheart (English)
- Kiharu (麒春 Kiharu) |Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno (Japanese) - Jason Liebrecht (English)